The Bully Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new forum dedicated to the American Bully and APBT. Live, breathe, and talk Bully!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

?????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jess*

????? Empty
PostSubject: ?????   ????? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm

hello, i need some advise on something, i just got a new pitbull pup and she is verry thin and was not being fed at all by the owners her head is verry sucked in and skinny. how can i fatten her head and muscles up?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 6:03 pm

jess* wrote:
hello, i need some advise on something, i just got a new pitbull pup and she is verry thin and was not being fed at all by the owners her head is verry sucked in and skinny. how can i fatten her head and muscles up?

Well a lot has to do with genetics about head and mass honestly, but however this is a case of underfeeding from previous owners. You can try different methods, but is sounds like the pup is not wanting to eat well. The first thing I would honestly recommend would be a vet visit to ensure that there is no underlying issues. More than likely the dog could be wormy and need a good worming, if you have not done this so far. Another thing you can look into is a paste that rub on their gums that is suppose to increase appetite, I can not vouch for how good it works since I have not had to use it but I have heard it works. But like I said if you can afford a vet visit that would be my first choice just for a routine checkup....and make sure the dog has been wormed properly. To me it sounds like a case of worming but its hard to say online without seeing the dog in person or its eating habits. Also I would recommend getting at least a 5 in one shot for the pup if he gave you no shot records. You can purchase those and do them yourself. You may already know all of this and if so I am sorry and you may disregard the information. But if not and you need to know how to do the shot yourself or anything else just let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://bullybrigade.forumotion.com
jess*

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 6:22 pm

yea i agree with you i know its not a worming problem we already dewormed her and took her to the vet all they said was shes verry underweight. too bad the owners of her before obviously doesnt know how to take care of animals. all of her brothers and sisters were verry skinny too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 6:25 pm

jess* wrote:
yea i agree with you i know its not a worming problem we already dewormed her and took her to the vet all they said was shes verry underweight. too bad the owners of her before obviously doesnt know how to take care of animals. all of her brothers and sisters were verry skinny too.

I agree they should have better knowledge of caring for dogs. That is the first step in Health for an animal is proper care. Does the pup have an appetite at all?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Try to feed the pup different food that may appeal to it. If feeding regular dry food make sure it is a grain free food, and you can supplement with raw meat or mix it in with dry.- it will help him want to eat. Table food also is not the best for any dog but it will help them gain weight and they will usually eat it. Any food that contains high protein and fat that they will eat will help in gaining back weight. You may need to try different things, but I would try a raw diet first. Also would put the pup on a daily vitamin as well to help it build its system back. Another trick is if the dog likes soft food and will eat it, you can take dry food add some water and use a blender to make a soft mix. This is cheaper than buying soft cans, and the pup may prefer that over just plain dry. Its really gonna come down to finding something that it prefers until it gains back its weight.
Back to top Go down
jess*

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 7:08 pm

she loves food the last two days she has eaten everything. when we brung her home we gave her food and she attacked the other dogs over it. they just werent feeding her, she loves food. What a Face
Back to top Go down
DreamCatcherKennel
Senoir Member
Senoir Member
DreamCatcherKennel

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 9:11 pm

jess* wrote:
she loves food the last two days she has eaten everything. when we brung her home we gave her food and she attacked the other dogs over it. they just werent feeding her, she loves food. What a Face

food aggression is common in straved dogs feed her away from the other 3 healthy meals aday will help put weight on. Also snacks raw is the best way to go chicken, one boaild and one raw egg a bit of galice powder. Also please look at the post i have done on satin ball weight gainer snack to healp if she has a healthy appeatie the post are below this. Welcome to the board by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamcatcherdownsouthkennels.weebly.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 am

DreamCatcherKennel wrote:
jess* wrote:

food aggression is common in straved dogs feed her away from the other 3 healthy meals aday will help put weight on. Also snacks raw is the best way to go chicken, one boaild and one raw egg a bit of galice powder. Also please look at the post i have done on satin ball weight gainer snack to healp if she has a healthy appeatie the post are below this. Welcome to the board by the way.

Yeah the egg is good protein and the garlic helps as well with other issues and can even help curb fleas. Raw is deff the way to go as far as feeding and will help gain weight quickly since she does have an appetite. The main thing now you need to focus on is getting her to where she can eat peacefully with your other dogs. Which can be corrected pretty easily.

I am sorry that you had to go through all of this, and that the breeders where so irresponsible in their actions.
Back to top Go down
jess*

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:04 pm

its okay, at least she is in the right hands now. thanks you for all the help and information. i will take it into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm

jess* wrote:
its okay, at least she is in the right hands now. thanks you for all the help and information. i will take it into consideration.

More than welcome, I have a puppy who is sick right now myself. She has been dewormed, had all her shots, and eats well. I think the problem may have been dehydration due to the bigger pups not letting her drink that much in the pen. So I took her out and brought her in the house, where im hoping she will get back in shape and do fine.
Back to top Go down
jess*

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:29 pm

well i hope everything goes good for your pup. i hope she gets better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ?????   ????? Empty

Back to top Go down

?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bully Brigade :: Bully Brigade Forum :: Health and Nutrition!-
Jump to: