The Bully Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new forum dedicated to the American Bully and APBT. Live, breathe, and talk Bully!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breeding for undired traits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamCatcherKennel
Senoir Member
Senoir Member
DreamCatcherKennel

Breeding for undired traits Empty
PostSubject: Breeding for undired traits   Breeding for undired traits EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Before every one freaks out. I speaking of Elbows, Pig tails, Merle, Albion, underbites, over bites, No muzzle. The American bully comes from the American Pit bull terrier a breed built to Work. I have come across some pictures of dogs with elbows so bad i don't see how they can walk. People selling pig tails as breeding Quilty, Merle and Albion are two undesired coat colors. If you must breed them please take your merle or albion to a soild dogs such as blue, black, Never take an albion to an albion. Under bites and Overbites are in no way desired even a bully should have a clean bite. No muzzle is a look thing but, Dogs with no muzzles can have breathing iusses and long palt an up to 8000 corrective sergey is needed to fix this. American Pit Bull Terriers were design to have little to no health issues. American bully's should be no different. UJust beacuse they are shorter with more weight packed on their frames does not mean they should be unhealthy. Please don't breed faults
Back to top Go down
http://dreamcatcherdownsouthkennels.weebly.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Breeding for undired traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding for undired traits   Breeding for undired traits EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:15 pm

DreamCatcherKennel wrote:
Before every one freaks out. I speaking of Elbows, Pig tails, Merle, Albion, underbites, over bites, No muzzle. The American bully comes from the American Pit bull terrier a breed built to Work. I have come across some pictures of dogs with elbows so bad i don't see how they can walk. People selling pig tails as breeding Quilty, Merle and Albion are two undesired coat colors. If you must breed them please take your merle or albion to a soild dogs such as blue, black, Never take an albion to an albion. Under bites and Overbites are in no way desired even a bully should have a clean bite. No muzzle is a look thing but, Dogs with no muzzles can have breathing iusses and long palt an up to 8000 corrective sergey is needed to fix this. American Pit Bull Terriers were design to have little to no health issues. American bully's should be no different. UJust beacuse they are shorter with more weight packed on their frames does not mean they should be unhealthy. Please don't breed faults

I feel you on this subject. I think the bully should be bred to have the head, weight, and height you prefer, but doing so carefully. You should deff not breed for undesired traits that can cause health issues. Short muzzles are nice, I love the look but there is a such thing as too short. You can breed for a short muzzle time after time and end up with a dog like the English Bulldog, who can not breath well and has no endurance. This is bad for the dog and the breed in general. We should strive to bring dogs to the table that are a perfect example of what we want where it be an American Bully or American Pitbull Terrier. I think that is what stems most of the issues. The American Bully is so new and registries just want to make money, that no set standard has been issued in stone, and those with faults are not really held to any standards. When Dave Wilson and others created the Breed they had a vision of what perfect was indeed, and we also as breeders need to have that vision of what we consider perfect and try to achieve this. Perfection is the act of trying to achieve perfect. No one person nor one dog can be perfect and I understand this, but it does not mean we should just settle for breeding any dog to make a quick buck. The truth is even in litters from famous bullies, not everyone of the dogs in that litter is show or breeding quality, and so we need to be careful about our selections. I know that we can never be perfect but all I am saying is we do not have to make bad breedings happen intentionally. We can strive to be better, and this takes time but I think the bully community will achieve this at some point in the future. You will always have bad apples but maybe they are just misinformed and need direction........but then again money can be the root to all evil as we have heard.
Back to top Go down
https://bullybrigade.forumotion.com

Breeding for undired traits
Page 1 of 1