A new forum dedicated to the American Bully and APBT. Live, breathe, and talk Bully!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Registries!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Registries!   Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Okay what is the deal with all the registries? I know there are many to choose from and which one seems to be the best. Well the ones I find best suited for my needs are the UKC, ABKC, and the ADBA. AKC is also a good registry but we do not use them. The most important thing I want to clear up is that any one registry is superior to the other. The fact is that a registry is only a way to keep a record of your dog. Its a family tree to put it in a better way. All registries can have hung papers, so the best advice I can give anyone is trust your breeder and their practices cause it all comes down to the honesty of a breeder. That's the bottomline when it comes to registries.

The UKC and ABKC is who we use the most however, and I find both very good in different ways. The ABKC is fairly new and still ironing out a lot of wrinkles. I think they are doing a great job however, and love the fact of they are trying to focus on The American Bully becoming a different breed. This excites me and is something I see that needs to happen. The UKC on the other hand has years in the game, and has always been solid. They also provide perks like the Purple Ribbon status showing the past 7 gens has been registered with them. The only problem I have with UKC is that they do not have as many shows as the ABKC and seem to have slowed down in that aspect.

Now on to the ADBA, this is a great registry as well. I really do not know why dogs from this registry seem to be valued less, because this registry was one of the first and very supportive of the breed. They have a good clean background, and I deff would not hesitate owning a dog registered with them. I think the value thing comes in because most people see the ADBA being more for game dogs, and original lines. Well people let me leave you with this, where do you think it all evolved from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bullybrigade.forumotion.com
DreamCatcherKennel
Senoir Member
Senoir Member

PostSubject: Papers Papers Papers LOL   Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:52 pm

AKC was one of the first Reg. They hold a very very high standers butr, let me clear this up. A American Pit bull terrier can have AKC AKC call the Am Staff because the first ever pit bull terrier was born in Staffoshire england. Any other reg. Will duel an AKC Am. Staff and an APBT.

UKC is a sister kennel to AKC.

ADBA was all pit bull reg till a few years ago because on the bills where we had to fix our animals

ABKC is newish and do need to iron things out

Lately i have seen alot of people selling dogs. You buy the dog for 100 to 200 then they try to charge you 300 and up for a 30 dollar peice of papper. This is why CKC has came into bloom.

A good thing i can say about CKC they will let you show a a fixed dog. Where no other reg. will. CKC supports fixing animals not ment to bred but, still let you actively show them

There are many reg. AADR, CRP, UKCI,NKC, are others besides ADBA,ABKC,AKC and UKC
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dreamcatcherdownsouthkennels.weebly.com/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Registries!   Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:52 pm

DreamCatcherKennel wrote:
AKC was one of the first Reg. They hold a very very high standers butr, let me clear this up. A American Pit bull terrier can have AKC AKC call the Am Staff because the first ever pit bull terrier was born in Staffoshire england. Any other reg. Will duel an AKC Am. Staff and an APBT.

UKC is a sister kennel to AKC.

ADBA was all pit bull reg till a few years ago because on the bills where we had to fix our animals

ABKC is newish and do need to iron things out

Lately i have seen alot of people selling dogs. You buy the dog for 100 to 200 then they try to charge you 300 and up for a 30 dollar peice of papper. This is why CKC has came into bloom.

A good thing i can say about CKC they will let you show a a fixed dog. Where no other reg. will. CKC supports fixing animals not ment to bred but, still let you actively show them

There are many reg. AADR, CRP, UKCI,NKC, are others besides ADBA,ABKC,AKC and UKC

This is true the british parliment made it illegal to dog fight in 1835. The AKC was first created in 1884 but would not recognize the American Pitbull Terrier due to its fighting history in 1898. In this the UKC was born, and registered the breed as a pure breed. The AKC did not recognize the pitbull until 1936, and even then it only registered them as American Staffordshire Terrier named after the region of England where the crossbreeding of bulldogs and terriers is thought to have begun. The existence of the pitbull has thought to have went back way before this time period however, even to the 1500's when artist had painted pictures of dogs very similar to what we grew to know as American Pitbull Terriers. The history however can only be traced for sure to the 1800s and england, so its still a huge debate. The ADBA was started in 1909, and has been an active supporter of the breed since. So in all truth the UKC was the first registry to recognize the American Pitbull Terrier and ADBA was soon to follow. The AKC finally did so in mid thirties but under another name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bullybrigade.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Registries!   

Back to top Go down

Registries!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bully Brigade :: Bully Brigade Forum :: Registry discussion!-
Jump to: